Proverbs 1:8-19 (KJV)
The Enticement Of Sinners
8. My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother.
9. For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.
10. My son, if sinners entice thee,consent thou not.
11. If they say, come with us, let us lay wait for blood,let us lurk prively for the innocent without cause:
12. Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:
13. We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil:
14. Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:
15. My son, walk not in the way of them; refrain thy foot from their path:
16. For their feet shall run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.
17. Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird.
18. And they wait for their own blood; they lurk prively for their own lives.
19. So are the ways of everyone that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof.
Exhortations to Fear God And Obey Parents Fools are persons who have no true wisdom, who follow their own devices, without regard to reason, or reverence for God. Children are reasonable creatures, and when we tell them what they must do, we must tell them why. But they are corrupt and wilful, therefore with the instruction there is need of a law. Let Divine truths and commands be to us most honourable; let us value them, and then they shall be so to us. (Matthew Henry Concise Bible Commentary)